emailpic

Free Information

Advise your name, station(s), city, state, email address. We'll send you free info. We won't hassle you with phone calls. We'll merely email and advise how you can see an Internet demonstration of UnattendedWeather.com.

How it works

UnattendedWeather Ops Manual

For our new customers anxious to get started (and those of you who really research something before you commit).

uaw equipment

How Our Announcers Keep Your Weather Up To Date


Most stations run UnattendedWeather.com software in the same computer they use for production. It can run on any Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista or XP computer in your station that has an always-on Internet connection. Stations that have Internet access in their on-air studio can run it there. Others run it on an ordinary office PC connected to their on-air studio.


Your UnattendedWeather.com voices have pre-recorded virtually every possible weather forecast, time and temperature. Each voice uses 5 GB of hard drive space. Then our software picks the right sentences based on forecasts from Internet weather sources. All recordings are CD-quality uncompressed stereo WAVE files from high quality studios. We never use low quality mp3 or telephone audio.
Click here to hear samples.

The finished 'cast overwrites an older version on the hard drive every time the temperature or forecast changes. Our technology means no wiring is needed and there's no equipment to buy. Your weather airs through the same digital system and sound card as your commercials, so your sound is consistent. With most automation systems, your jingle or music bed can be added if desired. Your digital system handles all playback, commercial insertrions, sponsorship credits and logging the same way your station handles spots and everything else. There's no extra work needed for weather sponsors.

Another benefit of UnattendedWeather.com is that each of your stations can follow its own policy, have different lengths, content guidelines and air weather with different voices concurrently on every station in your cluster. Several times each hour, and again seconds before every scheduled weathercast, our software updates your current conditions from National Weather Service and/or Weather Underground data websites.


Make Extra Money From Weather Sponsors


Our voices make your weathercasts attention-getting vehicles to sell sponsorships at premium rates and long-term contracts.
Many stations generate new revenue by selling weather packages of current temperatures at advertiser locations. Each 'cast can pick a few locations from participating sponsors. For example, your weather might end with "Now it's 74 at Northtown Food Market, 72 at Westway Ford and 73 here at WXXX".
For these locations, an optional sensor with Internet connection can be installed at each location for current readings. Often, there's a Weather Underground observation station close enough that the merchant doesn't have to buy a sensor.


uaw is secure

Worry-Free Connection


A firewall or proxy server is a good idea for all computers on the Internet. However, UnattendedWeather.com only pulls content from secure NWS or WU sites, so the firewall software built into your PC can prevent potential hacks. With hundreds of sites, we've never had a virus on any client weather computer.

Our service has several advantages over distant providers because the audio is generated on the same computer that's recording all your production. Of course, the XML data feed can be read just as well with dial-up Internet or something faster, so our system works for clients who don't have broadband available (such as some transmitter sites).
Setup is 99% automatic. Our knowledgeable tech support people remotely do the other 1% of setup for you.